Friday, August 26, 2011

From the nugget a question

Was playing at the golden nugget for about 20 minutes when the following hand occurred. I had qq and made it. $10 preflop an asian guy made it $75 with $6 behind. Hosea who plays alot at redrock and has a monster stack calls. I have just about $280 behind and i think the asian guy might have me but not sure and i know he cant reraise. If they both have jj or ak im good and dont want hosea in cheap. What would u do?

well i shoved, and hosea called me with AA. and hes a good player. i later left not stuck near as much as i was that hand, and i was on a different table most of the time thereafter, and was still out about $150 when i went to my room and ate. later i seen vince and he drove me to the lucky club, and i hit the drawing more than once, so did the asian guy who didnt show up til the 2nd drawing. then i met snevman and vegas dwp at the nugget and played an hour or so but i got tired soon and left, ended up ahead about $150 for the nite instead of stuck. since i won both drawings and again a little in the nugget.

i still think i probably shouldve folded the QQ or am i just saying that due to the result?

12 comments:

  1. Who the heck are these people and how do they play? Without these essential information, you question can not be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lester said...
    Against two opponents fold.


    It really depends on your opponents. See this hand I played from my July 14th post.

    http://www.allvegaspoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13689&p=199100#p199100

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should insta shove because there is no chance either of them has AA or KK and even if they do you might hit a set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its sad that after 20 years tony shoves all day here with AKo but is lost with QQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't answer this question unless we know whether you were down or up for the day ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fold straight off. No roll updates recently. I smell a big unreported loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pokerdog: I told Tony to fold regardless of the opponents cuz Tony is Tony. Myself I would call or re-raise ALL-IN cuz I'm an "action player"....

    ReplyDelete
  8. If u read the above post u will see i played it lesters aggressive way and lost. Am playing binions today. Roy and tatude left vegas. Tonite ill be at the lucky club drawing again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tony said...i still think i probably shouldve folded the QQ or am i just saying that due to the result?

    Lester said...
    Pokerdog: I told Tony to fold regardless of the opponents cuz Tony is Tony. Myself I would call or re-raise ALL-IN cuz I'm an "action player"....


    Tony, I agree with you and Lester, you should have folded preflop. You need to fold because you are not asking the right questions (see comment #2). You should fold because after I ask you the questions, you don't even bother to answer them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. QQ is a fold BECAUSE the good player just smooth called.

    He probably knows how you play and knows that you always will push your AK and other big pairs there in which case he easily traps you.

    ReplyDelete