Sunday, August 21, 2011

in my room at the lucky club

got them to give me a free room again, so now again ive got 2 rooms tonite. am sitting in here, got vince to drive me to circus to get my cellphone charger and my laptop, and had to pay him $20.

lost $257 at the riv before i came over here the first time. (took a cab). man i waste a lot of money on cabs because i feel unsafe riding the bus and didnt use to years ago. but i was so broke i guess was why. what happened at the riv is this one woman pool/poker player and her husband been playing daily and ive seen her try and bluff but normally play not too loose. well there was the standard preflop raise and i called $8 with KQ (mistake). flop KK9 with a flush draw. original raiser bets $15, i put him on a pair. she bets $50, i put her on a king. fold fold, fold, fold, i bet $150 and original better folds. (as expected).  she goes allin for $60 more or so and i call, and she flopped 999KK. i knew she didnt have ak, figured her for like KJ or KT or something, although the over the top allin scared me but too deeply invested then to fold for a little more, am getting the right odds to see it.

am about even so far, and plan to follow a strategy a little like pokerdoggs but not entirely and try to not bet too high and clear about $25 an hour long run. all 24 hours starting midnite. except for maybe some sleep.i just hope its not all taken by guys trying to grind the promo, i heard a group of them were coming over. (tying up all the spots and flat betting the max, killing the promo for everyone else.)

8 comments:

  1. Tony are you happy with your blog, If so I am happy for you, I just finished reading donkey-tax blog and it is great. You story is better on all vegas poker content. I think you really need to move it. I posted a comment yesterday and it still has not been posted. It is hard to follow and lose interest fast. I was not going to follow you here, but I think your story is worth telling just in a better format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Tony!!!! I hope you beat the promo machine for $100.00 an hour. Keep us updated as the day goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET!!!!

    You're going to do 24 hours of VBJ? I can't wait to read about the results, Tony.

    Now that you're using "Pokerdogg's system", you really can't lose, can you? Sounds like you've finally found a way to break the bank.

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But does the Lucky Club provide its high rollers with Aveda bathroom products? Or premium snacks and drinks in the high roller lounge? Tell us how awesome the thick and luxorious bath robes are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought you were talking about finally plugging the grand canyon sized leaks in your poker game, you mean you are actually going back to play VBJ?

    this could be the beginning of the end for your sock roll.

    what are you going to do when you are broke??

    ReplyDelete
  6. My system is guaranteed to make Tony lose slower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I forgot to mention this in my last post: this format sucks.

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  8. in my room a second, still out about $200, thats better than the $600+ i was out when i went to bed last nite. got the room FREE monday also so i ended up with 2 nites. also got a ton of about 300 drawing tickets for the 8.30 and 10.30pm drawings and the cage said theyd be nice enough to fill them out for me, gives me a very very good chance of winning $50-100 or so but u must be present to win. just like in laughlin id have tons more tickets than all the others.

    ReplyDelete