down to only $5400 after getting that bovada check even, and buying new phone and laptop batteries and the phone still works horrible and dies even with a new battery and charger, now im being told the charger might not be much good since it got bent. also i cant find any space on it and it keeps not updating applications it always insists on updating that i never use and cannot delete to free up space, because they come with the phone. about 90% of the memory is applications i cant delete and the remaining 10% is applications i desperately want and need, such as bravo live, etc. wish i knew more about tech savvy stuff.
and i lost over $400 today, mostly all on poker. lost $260 in the $1-3 at the wynn to start with. then went to the V, and lost over $200 more on the good VBJ and was stuck about $500. went to the bad VBJ machine (old binions and wynn kind that allows 7 hands at once and pays even money on BJ). there i won back all but $80 of the VBJ loss. played so long i got $15 in slot free play. went in the poker room and lost all day long, over $200 worth. then went back to the VBJ, and won back about $100 more on the BAD machine. why i won there when i shouldnt i dont know. played omaha8 for about 45 minutes and lost over $30 in it too.
a lot of the people playing at the V are regulars, but i imagine its that way in ANY poker room. People like a room, and it wins their business. and im down to $34 on UP, and im still counting that as part of my roll, unlike my $24 left on bovada.
still undecided how to leave vegas, where to go, and where to settle down to live cheap longer term. got to be where i feel safe of course, and where poker is available at the games i want to play and the buyins i want. Benny is coming into town this weekend for 3 days and i could possibly return to reno with him, if i was still around but id need to get another place to live.
i just dont update the blog often enough anymore--and none of the VBJ places were really suitable except for Jean as far as free rooms, empty tables without people around that much, and beatability. im sure theres places as dead in people as Jean and the river palms on the VBJ in the middle of the night, but who knows where that is.
One thing im really grateful for is my tooth hasnt bothered me too much--im really going to dread that someday. also it seems amtrak fares have increased, and bus fares too--the nice lux bus to la is $84 and its always sold out, unlike the much cheaper daily $25 and $30 ones. (megabus, mexican bus, gotobus and greyhound ones.) its $249 to KS tomorrow instead of the $158 one way of 3-4 months ago.
in a way id like to stay in vegas and rent a nice luxury place of $200-300 a week, but i fear id lose my cash on the VBJ if i did. id like Benny to teach me to beat the one he knows of, and id like a replacement of the one in Jean. the ones in Vegas now just arent cutting it. so im pretty sure the ones in Laughlin wouldnt either--they sure dont have the dealers angels kind. was also invited to appear on todd witteles radio show but didnt see how that would assist.