Thursday, July 10, 2014

are there any licensed electricians reading this blog?

Funny that id be needing help with this when im wearing an orange Tshirt that says union of carpenters local 2008, but ive got a serious issue. this is a pretty old building and everytime i use my new microwave, it causes the fuse box in the closet to blow out, and i have to turn it back on. keeps me from being able to cook. i dont know if the problem is with the outlet in the kitchen, and if i should put the microwave in the front room instead, or just use a different outlet in the kitchen, or if its not fixable.

the manager said it might do that if using the same outlet as the fridge, but it is NOT. i dont see how using the microwave can blow the power, ud think the AC uses a lot more. is it the outlet?

i cant live here if i cant use a microwave, really will be glad when i have the money to rent a regular apt upfront and pay monthly, but i still need about $8000 before i can do that, and that might not be for quite a while. even if my "local carpenters union job" is now paying me $22 an hour. yesterday it was paying me $23 an hour (was $20) but i had a big upswing of $500+ yesterday afternoon. im still in the $4800s.

this is the 4th time ive used the new microwave, and its done it every time but 1. they dont fix nothing around here, and I'm surprised he replaced the fridge. he just claims the building is "old". there are so many apts a short 6 block walk or less from here its not funny. i could move if i had the money. Reno is cheap and much safer than vegas.

also this might not be good for my health, but here lately ive been breaking up my sleep times into 2 4-5 hour sessions per day instead of 1 8-9 hour session. its been doing wonders for my poker game, but might not be so good for my long term health. i really need to start worrying about that a lot more, and still hope my tooth holds out til im a lot better off financially.

Nice to finally be able to read donald duck comic books while eating in bed. got a little over 100 of them ill need to resell once im done. also nice to finally have a 2nd big size rolling suitcase, and to have gotten it secondhand for only $5.

am also hoping to get somewhere in saturdays monthly freeroll, i do have close to the max number of chips so ill be starting with more than many of the field.

worrying a bit of running out of money on bovada, am down to $43 if i bust out of this $5 plo8 rebuy tourny without making the money. only 5 get paid, and i wish it were more spots.

Good news is its been a long time since i rode over to sparks, and played any VBJ. being able to play online from Bovada at home has helped keep me off them.


20 comments:

  1. "i dont know if the problem is with the outlet in the kitchen, and if i should put the microwave in the front room instead, or just use a different outlet in the kitchen, or if its not fixable."

    Here's a thought - why not try using the microwave with the various available outlets to see what happens? Trial and error, sir. You don't need a licensed electrician/loyal follower to attempt to solve your issue via this method.

    Sincerely, and wearing pants, P3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, just because the fridge is not plugged into the same outlet does not mean that it is not on the same circuit. Try the microwave in the living in an outlet that is not on the same wall as the fridge and also not the same wall as the air conditioner if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plugging it in by the tv fixed the problem

      Delete
  3. Tony, the circuit breaker protects the system from overheating and starting a fire. Overloading the circuit can damage equipment as well. Move the microwave out of the kitchen and unplug other electronics until you figure out what works. You are approaching $5,000. What is the plan for the rest of 2014?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work on growing the bankroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. about to test the microwave in a different outlet, and my new roll is $5040. might play a few $5 don sngs on bovada too before i take my afternoon nap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAYB IF U PRAY. BABY JESUS WILL FIX YR WIRING. JUST A THOUGHT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job grinding back up. Reno may be a good place for you. You did well there last time and housing is affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the secondary market like for used Donald Duck comics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I paid $35 and postage for 110 comics

      Delete
    2. advertise them as formerly owned by tony big charles and you might get 70 for them.

      Delete
  9. Am happy to report tomorrows table and seats have been posted on the wall. I was lucky to get seat 3. And ill be the only one in my sng with 10,000 most will have 6000, a couple 8000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that chip advantage it is nearly impossible for you not to at a minimum take third place in that SNG. What does the blind structure look like for the SNG? Is it your typical play-one-hour and it's over sort of SNG structure?

      Delete
    2. i asked for a sheet showing the blind structures, and some lady at the tourny desk claimed she didnt have it. shouldve asked the boss i guess. why do u have such faith in me? because u know im the more experienced player?

      Delete
  10. you need an electrician to tell you to try a different outlet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i know nothing about electricity, or electronics, (not my speciality) so yeah i wouldnt have thought it would help any--just thought something is wrong the landlord should fix. im really glad it works now, but ill never use that other outlet again.

      Delete
  11. landlords never fix anything, Tony, unless it is something that is causing permanent damage to the property

    ReplyDelete
  12. From my experience being a landlord, this isn't accurate... I would fix things when I could, but I owned apartments in an old building as well and when it comes to fixing something like this its going to be thousands of dollars, new circuit boxes, new wiring... easier to just ask you to plug in elsewhere. Also, it doesn't mean that outlet is bad... just that something else is running off the same circuit, so it takes a lower amount of amps to break it. Common issue, especialy if the building was built with a fuse system and converted to circuit box

    ReplyDelete