I'm too tired to type a blog now although it needs done, so i guess this post will be quite short. just wanted to make a list of all the things im thankful for.
1. good friends like PPP and Rob, who arranged it so i could play with them at the Venetian instead of where they wouldve chose to have the event be held. that was nice of them to consider a casino they dont normally play at.
2. that i still have $9100 left or so.
3. that my room is covered for 2 days, and i have $74 in comps
4. that my bovada balance is now up to $223 from when it was down to under $30
5. that im still beating the poker overall in vegas, although i got nowhere the first day, i won $89 the day i was at the V with friends, (although i was up $360 before i played with them). and then i won about $125 at poker today. maybe i can beat the poker in vegas with the new larger roll after all.
6. that Herbie still around to hang out, and that i met a new guy named Dave, dap poker from avp. and Grouchie showed up.
7. for vince, and his house being available when needed. most of what ive spent in vegas is payments to vince, food, transportation, and losses on Bj games. glad im not down on the poker.
8. am glad i got off the first VBJ when down over $250, but being pissed about it, i then lost $400+ more on a much worse VBJ even money machine before i played poker. i know thats dumb, but i was trying to follow Cutter and chaperones advice to always have money for doubles and splits, so i didnt go play on the much better VBJ paying 3-2. but i feel i messed this up. all im saying is what im really thankful for is i didnt turn it into a $1500 loss or so.
but of course, i wouldve had to use the atm to do that.
9. that i played the nugget tourny, although very poorly, with a shove of A8 clubs over a raiser who called with qq and busted me. i was just frustrated i wasnt getting cards, and much smaller tourny pools are much preferred. one table would be preferred, although i cant stand the way they pay 2 spots instead of 3.