Sunday, October 19, 2014

Koala's arrived in town

and this blog needs badly updated before i fall asleep, hopefully before 4.30pm. didnt realize it had been so long between entries.

am happy to say im finally over $15,100 (and considering my rents been paid up thru nov 11th--am actually better off than i was the last time it got that high in reno years ago). it didnt get that high due to me winning at poker, i lost $191 at the wynn the first time tonight, and then lost $200 more the second time playing with Koala. all the winnings came from about $627 on the VBJ at slots of fun, and $90 on table BJ at the tuscany, when i won 7 $15 bets on one hand where i split 77 against the dealers 4 4 times, with 2 double downs. i didnt get any good hands at all, so luckily the dealer broke.

Vince wouldve picked up Koala yesterday afternoon at the airport when we were out buying food for my fridge, but he wasnt ready to arrive in vegas yet. And he wont be renting a car til later on.

Met Koala at slots of fun, and he was unable to check into his room so early. and i offered to get him in early thru my host, but he preferred to wait til 2pm. Also offered to get us food at the wynn, but he wasnt interested.

we did play poker for a few hours though. he won $131, and wanted to make sure i knew exactly how much. i went on tilt late in the session because i wanted to book another profit to keep my hourly rate over $15 an hour but it caused me to play poorly the last orbit (which Koala told me in advance it would be) and i gave away my entire stack in 2 badly played hands. This is a great example of why u shouldnt mind leaving a game a small loser.

and ill see him again (or at least be calling him) when i wake up sometime in the middle of the night. Shortly after this blog post is finished, im going to be asleep.

i still wish i could depend FULLY on poker to supply ALL of my wins without having the steady wins at the VBJ tables, but ill gladly accept the money til things start running badly again. my phone still shows over $1500 worth of wins at the poker the last few days in spite of tonights loss at poker.

and yes i did play a bit at Planet Hollywood. One of the shift managers in the poker room told me via twitter in a DM that Chris says even though my PLO tourny no longer exists and has been cancelled, im still welcome to play cash games and other tournies, including the weekly freeroll. Its actually one of the BETTER rooms in town in way of great games and action and younger players in the game. and a much wider range of tourists.

in the middle of the night, getting a cab is extra tough. i was told by a cabbie between 2am and 4am is shift change, and its much slower getting a cab then. is this true? any cabdrivers read this blog? how do u recommend fast service during those hours? theres like 50 cabs parked a few miles away not doing anything but waiting an hour in line for a $10 fare, and yet i cant get one at home for nothing without a very long wait.




10 comments:

  1. Sir. Please. I beg YOU. Stop capitalizing RANDOM words. We're not idiots. We get it. Just write. THANK you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Koala, I can get a locals discount on the High Roller observation wheel if you want to check it out tomorrow. Let me know your schedule and I'll meet you at Circus Circus if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alysia, Thanks for the offer. Please send me an email to pdenver1@bigpond.com and I will email you my cell phone number. It has a Louisiana area code as I bought it in New Orleans for use while I am in the USA.

      Koala (Pete)

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention in my last post, that in case we do not meet up before hand, dinner reservations for two under the name of Peter Denver have been made for 6pm Wednesday night as planned.
      Koala (Pete)

      Delete
  3. Might be in town next week for a short visit. If I am I will get ahold of you and try to get in a bit of poker this trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony:

    If you're going to need to rely on VBJ or TBJ to get you by, you will be bust. Poker is your only possible avenue towards medium or long term success.

    Can you beat poker at the 1/2, 1/3, or 2/5 levels, or can't you?

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last two days with Tony have been interesting and educational. If one looks beyond the problems that Tony has, still trying to deal with his devils and emotional problems, like last time I saw him 2 years ago, he is really not a bad person. He just goes along in his own little world trying to deal with his demons and fears the best he can. When he explains his reasons for doing things that appear to be unusual for people outside his world they do make some kind of sense.

    For example when we played poker last night, Tony did a buy in for $100. Once he lost that he re bought in for $161 or some similar odd amount, like he has done countless times before and then posted about it on his blog. I asked him why the odd amount buy in. His reply was that he does not like to have anything but hundred dollar bills on him when he is playing poker, as it is less confusing for him to keep track of his roll. For him that makes perfect sense, and I can see his point.

    I have also been trying to get him to accept small losses when he is playing and to be prepared to walk away from a table without chasing his losses if things are not right for him, .i.e.he is tired or on tilt. I think this became obvious to him yesterday at Wynn when he tried to book a win on the last orbit before we moved on, and he lost $200 on two badly played hands. Fortunately for him he got it back at the next place we played. But the point was that he wanted to wait until the big blind came back around to him, instead of just getting up and walking away while he still had the $200, and it cost him.

    We went to the Stratosphere last night, but there was no activity at all in the poker room, So we ended up riding the bus Downtown and played at the Golden Nugget for a while. Later we walked down to El Cortez and Tony showed me his beloved Dealers Angels machine. It not so friendly to him now that the El Cortez management removed the shuffle point from the machine program so people playing it do not know when it shuffles. But Tony still managed to pick up just on a $100 to get back some of his poker losses from earlier in the day. Can't say I like the machine, I found it to annoying and grating when the animated dealer constantly says "OK" after each person places a bet.

    The good thing was that I told Tony about midnight that I was tired and going back to my hotel room. Tony said he was tired as well, so I suggested to him rather than trying to play tired, why didn't he go back home as well and get a good nights sleep, To my surprise he agreed to that and accepted his small loss for the day, so we both rode the same bus back towards the Strip, where he got off before me because he had to catch a connecting bus to get back to his home.

    Anyway its been interesting so far.

    Koala



    ReplyDelete
  6. Did claudias cousin hamsterdam hack her twitter? For a brief minute mizdeal28 on twitter favorited my tweet of passing $15000. Then all record of that disappered entirely and theres no record on twitter it ever hapened

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony get a cab driver who just works the strip and ask him for his card. Lots of drivers have regulars they pick up all the time. I don't know if your calling a restricted company that only services locals or not but most drivers who work the strip odd hours will drive right over and pick you up if you call them directly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. any recommendations of any particular cab drivers? i might not want some of them knowing my address to be honest.

      Delete