Sunday, November 1, 2015

settling into my new life in the Pacific northwest

Suceeded in getting my Bovada balance up to $80, so i have a way to play something other than VBJ or other table games when there isnt any poker game to be found in town this winter. got my room paid up til about the end of Nov, so now my roll has been reduced to only $20,083 with paying that up front and a couple of losing days, even with last nights $700 bonus for being part of a mini BBJ for flopping the royal flush and beating a guys aaa33. (i was down more than this when i first sat down). im just glad halloween weekend is over. Thankful too my internet works good here.

theres some inexpensive longer term housing nearby i found out, and cabs are less here. my driver told me last night hes been in his same house for 20 yrs and pays only $425 month, and thats not due to any govt subsidy. of course most pay $600-800 for rent. but theres lots of cities charging much more. im not sure id want to live here that long without more poker available when its not a weekend. still need to set up a drs appointment with the clinic down the road, but im so gunshy after being about $10,000 less than i once was. $20k feels like so little to me now. also gotten some advice from my very experienced +ev mentor as to what game i should be playing when im not playing live poker.

going to run to the store for milk, and cereal and lunchmeat, and to get this tag taken off my coat. found out i got $100 in free play for Nov, i guess for running thru so many points on the machines? and also i got a bank account opened with a new bank. she will let me get my debit card here.

still trying my best to not get mad at certain things that piss me off in the earshot of the employees. not many options were i to get banned without moving. i dont want to give out too much info discussing in this blog what those things are.

17 comments:

  1. Tony go home and stay with your family. If you can spend a month with your mom and kid I will mail you a new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you give a guy a laptop just for spending a month with his mom and his son? What do you think this will accomplish? Best case scenario, he goes there, spends a month being miserable and making everyone around him miserable, only to ditch his family as soon as he gets his payment (the laptop). You are better off sending his son the laptop; at least this way, he'll get something useful out of his father's degeneracy. A man should not require compensation for seeing his son.

      Delete
    2. I was drunk and losing at DFS. I thought spending a hundred or two to get a man to possibly rediscover the love of his family was a better use of my money.

      Delete
    3. mom didnt intend for me to be @round ne@rly th@t long, @nd im not @bout to de@l with @nymore buses, pl@nes or tr@ins right now. didnt spend $800+ to get here --just to le@ve

      Delete
  2. Funny you are gun shy seeing doctor because you lost $10k last week, instead of gun shy playing blackjack which was responsible for most of that loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using sane logic? I think you are posting on the wrong blog. Insane crazy thinking only please! (And links to dumb articles)

      Delete
    2. im very gunshy @bout pl@ying BJ on @ live t@ble, which w@s the c@use of most of the loss, or $2-5 which, @long with much higher expenses, @ccounted for the rest of the loss.

      Delete
  3. This is a very generous offer, although I am sure you will not have to send Tony a laptop as he could never manage this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tony, when's that Russian nuclear strike you mentioned on Twitter? I thought that was happening any day now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u do know th@t strike w@s to t@ke pl@ce @g@inst ISIS, not the US?

      Delete
    2. Yeah - so did they nuke ISIS or what?

      Delete
  5. Where in the Pacific NW are you exactly? You know I'm in the area too. I'll be playing at Tulalip much of Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I'll see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, If you're in Washington, be sure to stop in one of the many legal recreational marijuana shops. You don't have to buy anything, and it smells so good in there. Open your mind, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. h@ppy to report im b@ck to @ little over $21,000, with l@st nights $200+ poker win in $2-100 spre@d, @nd @bout $300 more won on the VBJ l@st night. h@d @ sm@ll win tod@y in the om@h@. @lmost dropped over $800 on the VBJ before i got @ se@t, but recovered. then when it broke, w@lked to the store to buy dishso@p @nd new re@ding gl@sses enroute to hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The @ doesn't work, er, I mean the @ key doesn't work, er, oh what the heck.

      Tony, if you are near a Walmarts, they have compressed air in cans that you can use to clean dust, crumbs, etc. from your keyboard. It shoots under the keys, and it's cheap, maybe a couple of bucks.

      Delete
    2. Don't use compressed air, you will end up blowing the dirt to a different key. Go to a gas station and use their vacumn.

      Delete