Review and book* required items
We’re sorry, but we can’t process your information. Please look further down the page for more details. (Message 1658)
A message from On The Go Travel Reward Card********** TICKET AMOUNTS EXCEEDING THE ON THE GO TRAVEL REWARD CARD VALUE ARE PROCESSED SEPARATELY TO YOUR PERSONAL CREDIT CARD AND APPEAR FROM *ON THE GO TRAVEL REWARD CARD*
Your current trip cost
1 traveler - one-way
|Airfare taxes and fees||$22.60|
|Orbitz for Business fees
|Total trip cost||$240.60|
so who should i complain to? should i contact marketing in the taj mahal and tell them the gift certificates they are marketing for the redeemorc.com website are phony? they had a drawing sunday and me and 4 other people won $500 worth of $100 gift certificates they list as "orbitz gift cards" but they arent really run by orbitz. its a private company called redeemorc.com which uses orbitz to make all of their reservations. let me list everything which makes me feel uncomfortable with the company called "redeemORC"
1. the gift certificates simply DO NOT WORK. the same debit card ive been using just fine for all my hotel reservations, when u get finished booking thru the website, it says it wont take it. even though they claim they only use it for if u go over ur credit limit in booking, for which mine is $500 and i wasnt even using half of it. this company claims they MUST verify a valid cc to use the certificates. this company knows they wont work online, and its a scam to get u to call up over the phone and give out the cc info to their live operators and the 3 digit code on the back.
2. i wasted 20 minutes on hold with my bank, finding out why this charge was declined, and the bank claimed they see no record of it being declined. if the truth is the bank is declining the card, they would know this. the bank transferred me to verified by visa, and they couldnt see no attempt either. my bank swears no issues with my debit card and its working just fine. for proof, i then paid my current hotel 1 more day thru priceline with it without issue.
3. the company claims to do it over the phone is a $25 fee. but if u do try to do it over the phone, instead of booking the reservation for u, they want ur password to login to the online website, where they then attempt to do it. then they want the full cc info which they claim "dont show up on their end, only the last 4 digits" then the code on the back. the code on the back must be entered to do anything on their website-including signing up for the acct. my bank got a test fee numerous times of 10c about 15 different times, each of which was refunded shortly after being sent. without entering the code, u cannot get off the orc site and be transferred to the orbitz reservation website. they claim the fee is for EACH reservation, meaning if u book both a hotel and a plane, u will be out $50.
4. the company at first over the phone wanted to know which browser i was using to log into the website. wtf does it matter? i told them google chrome, then they said to use internet explorer. after a lot of work in trying to figure out how to bring internet explorer up on my laptop which i never use, it still did the exact same thing and said my card will not go thru. i know the card info is entered right due to all them 10c fees back and forth.
5. the number for their customer service is only valid M-F 9-6 not 24 hours or weekends. they too claim u cannot book a hotel or plane for the same day. must be for tomorrow or later.
6. if u wish to book a $82 hotel room, or a $240 plane ticket, and u got $500 worth of credit, why the need to "verify ur cc is working, to prove its u" it would only make sense if u were doing over $500 in business. no need for a test charge.
so who can explain wtf is up? i feel i should cancel all my cards for fear sometime down the road these fraudsters will attempt to run up charges now they got my info. the really impt info is ur zip code, and the 3 digit number on the back. this is why they get u to call for she asked me this over the phone. i think the taj should be contacted, but i dont know who to contact in marketing. explain the situation, im sure im not the only one who couldnt use them. they should quit doing business with this company. a lawyer should be contacted. orbitz should be contacted, and they should block this company from associating with them. i dont have the time or the knowhow to complain to all the appropriate agencies. all i know is i won $500 worth of gift certificates in the taj sunday which i totally cannot use. i will give them to anyone else who wishes to try to use them, as long as they promise to give me what they feel is fair 1 week after they use them successfully. (if they let me transfer it now that ive already redeemed it to my acct) i just would like someone else to try to use it, i guarantee they will have the same issues. for my card works just fine. its not being declined. once they get told their card is declined too u will see its a scam. i dont think the taj or orbitz would knowingly wish to be connected to unhappy customers getting scammed.
i do know im out well over 3 hours time.
is the right type of attorney reading this able to help, or does anyone else have a similar experience they would wish to tell us here?