Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tonights loss

at one point today (which started off at $19,300+ i was up to $19,700+) this was after an early BJ win of about $250 and later to follow a $125+ $1-3 NL win. when i left to take a break, this was when i was over $19,700 and this figure did not include the $400 enroute from Bovada. it never does. it might not come for some time, but lets hope this wont be the case.

after 3 or more hours, i came back to sit back down fresh with $120 standard buyin, and there was only 1 game with no seat open and i was 3rd on the list. so i told them to find me at the BJ table, where theyve came and got me before. well, maybe one shift went home and the staff changed but no one came to get me, except one player did see me and mention they started the 2nd game. by then i was already out $900 and let him know this. I am not sure if he went back to the pokerroom or left the boat, but he didnt come to get me.

one thing i did wrong when down close to $900 was go to the cage and withdrew $3000 of the $6500 in safekeeping. this is what enabled me to bet too high. early on, i didnt bet too high, and never bet more than 2 spots of $90. i got stuck quite a bit fairly early because on a running count of +7 or more i had 2 bets of $65 each on one spot. the dealer had a deuce showing, and i split my 99. i end up getting 3 nines, so i had 4 bets out, and a double down on the other hand. so i ended up losing 5 bets on this one hand. Not 5 units, but 5 bets. it was a $10 table.

after this loss, i showed discipline starting back over with 2 spots of $20 each instead of doubling the bets again (where the total wouldve been over 1%) but the loss was only $300 or more at this time. but i continued to lose. at least on every hand where she turns over 16 and then drew.

i didnt make the 2 bets of $485 each to get unstuck til over 90 minutes later. and it was in the middle of a shoe id been doing much better in. but the bets both lost. this is when i quit. this is also when i posted i was out twice what i was really out. (just below $2000 instead of just under $4000) and that i was going to sams town to play the VP to relax.

why did i post something not true? because in my eyes it would be true soon as i left the restroom, sat back down and bet 2 hands of $985 each to get unstuck once the running count hits +10 or more. u see, i fully expected i would lose as poor as i was running, but i knew once i did, id still be at $15,700 which is better than the $13,400 the last huge loss.

and once i lost this, i was going to put $100-200 in the VP machine. ive tried to avoid this much more so than BJ due to the 97% payback.

what caused the evening to go differently is finding an open seat in the poker room and i figured it would give me a better shot to get even. especially with the size of many of the chipstacks, so i bought in for $919. many hours later i eventually cashed out $2127, which brings my hourly back to $42 hour for 263 hours of play. and even though i once had over $700 more on me, im still very relieved. now sleeping very shortly for some time to come.

one of the players who sat lost $5000+ in the game. for over an hour he raised 95% of hands preflop to $50-200. this is why there were so many big stacks. i called him 2-3 times rather loosely but i knew how weak he was.

i shouldnt move out of this area, but i need to become more stable so i can find a long term dentist and doctor and i miss living in reno. so i made plans to go to reno by first traveling thru vegas. i will head this direction beginning may 6 on the plane. and i miss the much better paying VBJ in the Biltmore. at least they still have $1 min bets, which helps me out betting much less. good live BJ shoes in reno too for $3 in 3 places. i miss the missisippi straddle too, instead of the button straddle, and the fact its done in a different order there. i could live here too, but i need to settle on one place and not travel.

20 comments:

  1. I like the Reno option Tony. Just make a point of understanding you can NOT add any more places you are banned from especially in the Reno/Tahoe area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Proof that i've recovered my discipline in BJ (after the bad session earlier in the month where i lost $5400) --which is how i got the weekend free when theyre like $200+ instead of $80 per night--is the fact that even when down to less than $200 of the $700 i was in the BJ game for, and on a good count too, i still never bet more than the 1% rule. which happens to be 2 hands of $80 each."

    Yeah, there's certainly proof regarding your "discipline"...

    Congrats on your poker win.

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you track your BJ wins/losses as you do in poker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you leaving LA? I thought you were going to b e rich in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to Reno...I've been saying this for a while. It's a much quieter and more convenient town for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Tony, tell us what you said to the guy who was watching you play BJ, that made him want to punch your lights out.

    Tony, you have the discipline of a homosexual in a room full of shirt lifters and pillow biters. You just can't help yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pathetic, homophobic troll.

      Delete
    2. I'm neither a troll nor homophobic Benny. I have several friends who are homosexuals, and I would prefer their friendship to yours any day of the week.

      Delete
    3. That was absolutely a homophobic comment.

      Delete
    4. Amazing if I mention the word homosexual, how many latent turd burglars open their closet doors and get all uptight about it, simply because I refuse to use the beautiful stolen word "Gay" to describe them. It's OK Benny and Sbr, nothng wrong with that, if thats what rocks your boat. Me, I have always had a preference for the female body. So I guess unlike you people, I will never know what I might have missed out on. Oh well, "Such is life."

      Delete
    5. Wow, your true colors are shining through there Koala. I guess that explains your affinity for Tony. You find a kindred spirit in his bigotry.

      Delete
    6. Koala, it isn't the word homosexual that was the problem. It was what you wrote after that. It is along the same line when you think calling someone a towel head is not a racist comment.

      Your last post above, well that really tops it off. You came across as a raging homophobe.

      It always make me laugh when someone says I am not such and such because I have friends that are in the group I offended. Well, women hating wife beaters are often married, some may even say women loves them because they have been married so many times.

      Delete
    7. I was waiting for Mr. Pokerdogg to join in. Welcome back my old adversary. Not all towel heads are terrorists. But I believe that the vast majority of terrorists have towel head connections.

      Never ceases to amaze me that it is OK to call a homosexual "Gay", because that word has been sanitized and is acceptable to the homosexual, lesbian and transvestite community. But if anyone dares to use another term to describe the sexual inclination of these people, which doesn't fit into their "acceptable" range of terminology, and which they deem to be offensive, then all hell breaks loose.

      Well I just happen to find the description of these people as being "Gay" or part of the "Rainbow Brigade", as being offensive to my mind. They have stolen some beautiful and completely inoffensive words and distorted their true meanings to suit themselves.

      So call me whatever you like. At my age I really don't give a fuck, call me a raging homophobe, racist or a bigot, or anything else you deem as innappropriate. I need to laugh and if it livens up this thread, then good.

      Delete
    8. If you don't understand that "shirt lifter" "pillow biter" "turd burglar" are offensive terms and that insinuating that homosexuals are out of control raging sex addicts that "can't help themselves" when around other homosexuals, then your cancer has likely spread to your brain.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you're almost listening to people.
    That free apartment I told you about is still available, so if you're interested, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should take Benny up on his offer Tony. It is the only way you will ever be convinced that he just wants to inflict pain and cause more misery to your life. Nothing is free in this world Tony.

      Delete
    2. The free apartment is mine,had you been paying attention Koala. Benny doesn't live in Reno anymore, but I do. I've met Tony before and I really do think I could help him get his life straight and learn to stop talking abuse from guys like you.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with helping Tony get his life straight. If he listens to you, then apart from the rubbish Benny tells him, you will be the first person he has ever listened to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've met Benny as well (he's the person who introduced me to Tony). He's a sweetheart just really sarcastic, which seems to be lost on a lot of people on here. Honestly, I don't think any of you really believe Tony can get his life straight and you enjoy his misery because it makes you feel better about your own lives. There's dozens of ways that you could ALL really to help a guy when he's down and struggling.

      Delete