Saturday, August 8, 2015

its laundry time

I'm in my hotel room waiting for Vince to call me between 1.30pm and 2pm, at which time he says he will meet me outside to have me give him my laundry (and pay him) and then drop me off downtown to see Koala in the nugget poker room and hopefully be at the elcortez drawing at 805pm.

after falling to sleep about 8-9pm last night, then going back to sleep and back to sleep repeatedly with lots of weird dreams, im sure i got plenty of rest (about 11-12 hours) and will be capable of staying awake a bit longer this evening. which is good.

new roll is $17,977 which is quite good compared to when it had fallen all the way to the $14,600s and i finally have more than i did when i left the Tahoe biltmore. Plus my hourly for the $1-2 $1-3 games id been tracking is now finally over $14 an hour again.

from previous years of experience i was worried id have a lot harder time of winning at $1-2 and $1-3 in las vegas, but that doesnt seem to be the case this trip. either the games have really gotten better than 2-3 years ago, or MY OWN GAME has gotten a lot better.

am sorry to hear i missed out on playing poker with snevman and chaperone, are they still in town?

even worse, i missed out on seeing AKgal and Chris (stump) last night, and possibly seeing snapple too who was out with them, without Nick needing to be present. Koala and I were also wondering if pokerdogg ever has any more plans to be in vegas again?

if anyone hasnt seen the hand history i posted yesterday on twitter from pokerpoise.com, please go and check it out. http://www.pokerpoise.com/viewhand?321


13 comments:

  1. Tony - for the hand you posted: you need to raise flop there. Raise to around $100 to price villain 3 for his draws. There's a TON of turn cards you don't want to see - 5, 6, 9, T, J are all in the range + any club. You have a made hand - get it in or price them out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, shoving $355 into a $167 pot is asinine... Why would you do that on the turn when your opponent's equities are halved? Pot bet $150-$160 turn if you're taking the line you took...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Poker Poise website is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comments on the hand made it sound like he wanted her to fold flush draw/gutshot with 1 to come. I would have been happy getting it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony, you might wish to consider putting the COMPLETE sockroll update amounts in. By that, I mean not just the dollars, but also how many cents. I'm sure most readers would desire that information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that this man has $18k while the Trooper just went busto proves to me there is no god. Keep up the good work I guess....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would think it proves that God takes care of his own

      Delete
    2. I think it proves that TBC has some skill when it comes to playing poker. Making $14 dollars playing low limit poker is pretty impressive and also taking into consideration his condition. I would be very happy if I could do as well as he does.

      Delete
    3. God takes care of his own. Some of these guys might want to becareful about what they say about The Father, Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. People who have not figured out YET how real and important these 3,are may want to wake up soon. You can always ask for forgiveness Greg.

      Delete
  7. Probably the worst title to date, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new roll $18,341 won over $800 playing VBJ at slots of fun last night/this morning. awaiting vince to deliver laundry then will go and play poker. Koala left town for Laughlin, vince keeps thinking of going there or to lake mead too. i have no interest in it, theres nothing for me there since they removed my machine. also won a little bit in the wynn last night too. recovered all of what i lost on the VBJ at the el cortez

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was out with Chris and Snapple the other night? I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete